Welcome, Kindergarten Students!
August 12, 2021
To our KES Kindergarten Parents,
On behalf of our faculty and staff, it is my pleasure to welcome you and your kindergarten child to our KES family. We will be together for the next five years, how exciting! To get you off to a successful start, I am highlighting some “need to know” information below in order of date:
- August 13, 2021 - Home Access Information will be mailed from district office. This is very important- you will need it for the next 13 years so keep it in a safe place!
- August 19, 2021 - Home Access Center “opens” for you to log in and view the name of your child’s teacher. To access Home Access go to the district website home page; click on Parents and Community; click Parent Resources on that drop down; click on Home Access on that drop down. This will bring you to the Home Access page. On the left side you will see Home Access Center Log-In. Click that link and you will be brought to the sign-in page. Use your assigned user name and password to sign in.
- August 23, 2021 - Our PTO will be hosting a Kindergarten Play Date from 5 to 6 PM. A flyer was emailed previously and is also attached to the email this was attached to. Bus information will be opened in Home Access at some point after this date (usually closer to the start of school.)
- September 2, 2021 - Kindergarten Open House and Bus Run from 9:30 to 10:45 AM. This date is also the first full day of school for grades 1-4 ONLY. THERE IS NO BUS TRANSPORTATION FOR KINDGERGARTENERS ON SEPTEMBER 2. Please bring your Kindergarten little to school at 9:30. You and your kindergartener will participate in a Kindie Open House. Busing for kindergarteners and their first full day of school begins on September 3. Please do not bring any siblings to the open house unless there is absolutely no alternative.
- September 3, 2021 - First full day of School for Kindergartners!
The Kindergarten Open House will give you and your child a chance to meet their teacher, get acquainted with our building, and see their classroom. Upon your 9:30 AM arrival, please take your child to the cafeteria (someone will be there to help!) Your child’s teacher and I will be waiting for you and your children and the teachers will then escort the children to the classrooms. At 10:00 AM, your child will board a school bus for a ride around the neighborhood. While your children are meeting with their teachers and riding the bus, parents will have a brief orientation. If you missed the parent orientation in the spring, it is posted on our KES website for you. I look forward to seeing all of you at our Kindergarten playdate as well as on September 2!
Latest KES Headlines
Kent Elementary School News
Kent Elementary School Field Week 2021Kent Elementary School News
Learning Life Lessons Through RunningKent Elementary School News
Telling Time with LadybugsKent Elementary School News
Carmel Wears Blue for Autism AwarenessKent Elementary School News
Water Water Everywhere!Kent Elementary School News
KES School Spirit Day
KES students and staff wear "KES school spirit wear" to school.Kent Elementary School
KES, Charleston Wrap Backpack Fundraiser EndsKent Elementary School
Early Dismissal Drill
All schools dismissed 15 minutes earlier than regular dismissal time in order to test the early dismissal response of the Emergency Management Plan.Carmel Central School District